Sunday 5 October 2014

Weekly Recommendation - Week #013 - Successful Hype

Do you often get disappointed because you're dumb? Have you ever boarded the hype train and missed your stop? We have. That's why, for this week, we've chose to cover stuff where the hype paid off. Watch as I cop out of legitimate work and Chris does way more than me.

The Raid 2 - Gareth Evans (Movie) - Author: Chris
My viewing of the original Raid film was somewhat of an accident I must admit, I accidentally clicked it on Netflix and thought "I remember seeing a poster for this somewhere, I wonder how it is?" It was one of the happiest accidents that has ever happened to me, as I utterly fell in love with it. Upon discovery that a sequel was due out, I then started completely over-hyping how amazing it would be in my head (hey, the title wasn't that specific). Finally, I discovered that FACT in Liverpool (lordy, what a place) was showing it, so I dragged a couple of friends to the empty screening. They don't forgive me for doing it, and I honestly don't care, it was so much better than I ever could have dreamed. The setting was amazing, the cast were superb, the violence was horrendously fab, and those fight scenes. No horror film could ever heighten my stress levels as much as the fight scenes in that film did, I'm not even being dramatic, they are the most tense scenes possibly in existance! Watch the first film for context and enjoyment, then watch the second one and completely devastate your sweat glands.

Heartbreak - Age of Consent (Music) - Author: Darren

I don't do this often, but  I'm going to let the song speak for itself. It's that good. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lpGtoVfCsU]

Max Payne 3 - Rockstar Games (Games) - Author: Chris

Let it be known (I feel like I have used that intro before) that Darren and myself adore Rockstar Games and everything they create. Now, this game had a quite a lot of trailers, all of which I watched extensively, absorbing as many small details before the game came out. I wanted this game so badly it was unreal. So when I did get this game, I bought it, popped it in, and HOLY SHIT IT IS STILL ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GAMES EVER. The game looks and plays amazingly, the story is phenominal and Max Payne himself, my my, what a performance. I quote that fucking game every day, most of the time without people realising. I don't want to brag (what am I saying, of course I do) but I got stupidly good at that game, I mean like MLG levels of good. They held a tornament with about ten thousand people and I came twentieth. I BEAT A DEVELOPER AT HIS OWN GAME. THAT IS HOW GOOD I GOT AT IT. Enough bragging now, you can pick this game up for like a fiver, and I'd say that is the best thing a person can buy with a fiver. Also the soundtrack is ace. OKAY I AM DONE FOR REAL THIS TIME.

Deflate your hype balloons (sorry Yahtzee), because this ride has ended. Just kidding, the hype train never stops on this site! Except for when it does. Sorry about that.
- Two Hype Guys

1 comment:

  1. "and a special thanks to our very first commenter wooo" - you guys.
    Also, Age Of Consent is a shout.

    ReplyDelete